We will walk under the wind turbines in the Cloosh Valley . This walk will be approx 5KM for Beavers and 8KM for Cubs. Weather will be cool, so Beavers & Cubs are advised to dress appropriately. Wet weather gear essential. We will meet up with “Killannin” 29th Galway Beavers & Cubs.
- Travel through Oughterard , turn left before the Church/Bridge
- Google Maps – https://goo.gl/maps/dTaLC23TdXzeUmiC8
We have 2 Routes to mention: ( see maps and info below )
- Beavers – Turbine Trail – Approx 5KM , Approx 1.5 Hours.
- Cubs – Turbine Trail + Partial Purple Trail – Approx 8KM , 2 Hours.
- Both Groups to start at P2.
- Beavers will head via Turbine Trail ( Black ) and go “Clockwise”
- Cubs will head via Peak Ridge Path ( Purple ) and go “Anti Clockwise”
- Meeting Time: 10:15am for a 1030AM Start.
- Collection time: Approx 130PM – 2PM
- Defib at Operations Centre ( P3 on Map )
- Minimal / No Mobile Phone Coverage
Map ( Visual Info )
Trail Info ( from document above )
Turbine Trail ( Black Route ) 5KM , Approx 1.5 Hours
Turbine Trail ( Black ) +Partial Peak Ridge Path ( Purple ) Approx 8KM total , 2 Hours
What to wear and bring on the hike
- Hi Vis
- Rucksack (no string bags)
- Hiking Boots or suitable shoes for walking on forest paths
- Rain gear (coat and trousers)
- Warm Drink
- Good lunch
- Personal first aid kit
- Black seats
- Hat and gloves
- Warm layers
- Hand sanitiser