Galway County Team are organising a fun water day for all cubs in the county.
Saturday 7th May
- Drop Off 14:15
- Pickup :17:30
Drop off and collection point – please be on time as the schedule for the afternoon is very tight
Lough Rusheen Car Park Assembly Point
7km west of Galway city centre on the R336 coast road ( Barna Road) towards Spiddal. Take a sharp left just past Silver Strand Service/Petrol Station .
Google maps location
The eircode H91KX75 brings you opposite the meeting point. You won’t miss the car park opposite the car park.
€15 per Cub, please click here to make a payment
What to Bring – all items must be in a ruck sack
- Towel or changing towel.
- Full change of clothes, including underwear and shoes/flip flops/crocs
- Swimming costume -suggest cubs have swimming costume on under their clothes before they arrive.
- Water shoes or old trainers
- Rain Jacket
- Scout neckerchief -This will not be worn on the water but will be worn at all other times please
- High viz jacket – to be worn on walk from car park to Rusheen Bay ( 15 min walk)
- Sun cream- put on face in morning before you arrive ( weather expected to be good going on today’s forecast but obviously that could change.
- Wetsuit (optional)- Bring your own wetsuit if you have one- a long one is recommended as water hasn’t heated up yet. You will be able to use wetsuits supplied by Rusheen Bay if yo do not have one.