Last night our brave Beaver Scouts braved the elements to get some pioneering done.
According to Wikipedia :
Pioneering is the art of using ropes and wooden spars joined by lashings and knots to create a structure. Pioneering can be used for constructing small items such as camp gadgets up to larger structures such as bridges and towers. These may be recreational, decorative, or functional.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneering_(scouting)
- I know what equipment is needed for making pioneering gadgets.
- I know how to build a gadget using elastic band techniques.
- I can be responsible for myself while we are pioneering.
- I know the different emergency services that are available and how and when to call them.
- I understand why I should follow directions from an instructor.
- I have built at least two simple pioneering gadgets.
Our Construction Area
And then time to get them tested out !
Well done Beavers !
Some examples of Pioneering from the World of Scouting.